Area Action Plan (AAP) Consultation
Working closely with a range of stakeholders - local residents, parishes, land owners, developers and specialists in environment and heritage protection - we are preparing an ‘Area Action Plan’ (AAP) for the garden village. This will set out how the new development will be taken forward, what it will look like and how it will function.
We will also be asking local communities for their views and contributions on many aspects of the village development from naming it to commenting and influencing its design.
'Preferred Options' consultation (16 August - 11 October 2019)
As part of the development of the AAP, the Council has published for consultation a ‘preferred options’ paper which sets out a draft vision, themes and objectives for the garden village, together with a series of potential policy approaches dealing with issues such as climate change, active and healthy travel, design and infrastructure.
The preferred options paper is available to download below together with a number of supporting technical studies including a Sustainability Appraisal (SA) report.
Supporting Technical Studies:
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Scoping Document
- Green Infrastructure Study
- Preliminary Ecological Impact Assessment
- Preliminary Ecological Impact Assessment explanatory note
- Employment Study
- Eynsham Area Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP) Stage 1 Report
- Transport Evidence Baseline Report
- Level 2 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)
- Strategic Sustainable Drainage Strategy
- Housing Strategy
Hard copies of the AAP preferred options paper are also available to view at the following deposit locations:
This consultation runs from 16 August 2019 until 11 October 2019 (8-weeks).
During the consultation, Council Officers will be in attendance at two public exhibitions at the following locations:
- Friday 6 September 2019 between 2-8pm at Eynsham Village Hall, 46 Back Lane, Eynsham, OX29 4QW.
- Friday 20 September 2019 between 2-8pm at Long Hanborough Pavilion, Roosevelt Road, Long Hanborough, OX29 8JG
Responding to the consultation – have your say
We would welcome your comments on the preferred options consultation paper and there are a number of ways in which you can respond.
Online – you can respond directly online by clicking here
Alternatively you can email your comments to email@example.com
Thirdly you can write to:
Planning Policy Team, West Oxfordshire District Council, New Yatt Road, Witney, OX28 1PB
Available to download below is a consultation response form which you may wish to use to complete your response. This is however completely optional and we will accept any form of written correspondence. Any completed response forms should be sent to the email or postal addresses listed above.
- Preferred options consultation response form (Word version)
- Preferred options consultation response form (PDF version)
The deadline for the submission of any comments on the preferred options consultation paper is 5pm on Friday 11th October 2019.
All comments received will be made publicly available and will be taken into account as the final pre-submission draft Area Action Plan is prepared ahead of further public consultation later in the year.
If you require any assistance with the consultation please telephone 01993 861686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org